Just to let you know that I am impressed with how well the Japanese are coping with the earthquake disaster.
1. We understand that the evacuations have been orderly, and that drivers even waited at red traffic signals despite their urgency to leave the city.
2. Japanese officials interviewed seemed to understand the nature of the dangers they were dealing with and were doing the right thing(s) to protect the public.
3. We understand that shop keepers are selling food and essential items needed at huge discounts. Like half price. Knowing that it would take time for the government to get these badly needed items to the people.
4. Even when the Japanese people are scared, it does not keep them from thinking clearly and doing things which help the situation. ( Compared with running around scared and causing more problems for the emergency responders )
5. The USA news reporters in Japan are looking for stories of a huge tragedy that the Japanese people can not cope with. They are dissapointed in not finding such stories.
We are praying for you, your families, and all the Japanese People,
PS On another subject: They tell us that the Japanese do the best job of caring for their older citizens. Perhaps the best of any where in the world.